Tuesday 16 November 2010

Evaluation of School Magazine Front Cover

I am happy with how the final result of my school magazine front cover has turned out. The masthead suits the magazine and it is effective for the school and the effect i used on the word 'voice' to make it look like a loud voice gave my magazine a different edge. I also included a crown next to my masthead because it linked in with the 'king' henry theme. My main image is also very clear on the page and fits the page suitably, stands out to the reader and describes the headline well. I think the colours of my masthead used were effective as they stood out well. 
However if i had the chance to change anything on my school magazine, I know i would take more time in taking suitable subsidary images with more effect as the ones i have used are quite boring and don't look very clear, i would perhaps take photos of certain clubs at the school taking place so it looks more intresting to the reader. I would place the subsidary images in a effective way on the page aswell because the two i used look boring at the bottom of my page.
The sell lines and straplines on my magazine are suitable as they describe exactly what is going on in every picture however perhaps i would of changed the colour of the sell line through the middle of the magazine 'sixth formers help year 7's settle in' to a more bold colour because the yellow writing seems eyecatching but from far away it is hard to read. I would of maybe positioned both straplines 'year 12 a* exam success' and 'contruction takes place' differently on the page because they are both exactly the same and don't seem to be very eyecatching. i would also improve on  making the page be a bit more full not just have the three main topics, Although i think i did well as it was my first time using a program i never used before to do my school magazine and i am proud of what i have achieved :)

No comments:

Post a Comment